The 3 primary functions of your dog’s digestive system are:
1. Digestion of Food
2. Absorption and distribution of nutrients
3. Prevention of disease and infection
An unhealthy digestive tract could contribute to health issues for your dog, such as:
1. Causing waste to build up in the colon, resulting in poor nutrient absorption
2. Weakening the immune system resulting in poor health
3. Causing a range of health problems from common digestive issues to more serious illnesses
Holistic Select pet food is based on the holistic philosophy that all parts of the body are interconnected. Digestive health lies at the core of whole-body health and is a foundational principle of holistic nutrition.
When the digestive system isn’t working properly, toxins that should be excreted instead travel into the blood stream and throughout the body. That is why Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, said “all disease begins in the gut.”
Holistic Select is the only brand of holistic pet food that delivers a complete digestive health balance system, with guaranteed enzymes in addition to probiotics, prebiotics, digestive botanicals and natural fiber. This proprietary blend of select, active ingredients works together to promote whole-body health, immunity and vitality through optimal nutrient absorption and digestive regularity.
The Pet-Wise Parent’s Guide to Your Pet’s Digestive & Whole-Body Health:
1. Nutrition: Go beyond “natural” with a supplemented balanced diet that includes a complete digestive balance system to help your dog fully absorb and utilize all nutrients.
2. Physical: Regular exercise supports healthy circulation of both nutrients and waste. Regular brushing can also prevent ingestion of bacteria or hair from excessive self grooming. – and is great bonding time!
3. Environment: A healthy, safe environment is free of toxins and undue stress. Ask your vet for a complete list of household items that can be toxic for dogs.
4. Education: Various training activities such as obedience, agility and showing are important for pet parents and their pets to help promote overall health.
5. Socialization: Regular interaction with humans and other animals can help your dog stay calm in certain situations and avoid stress-inducing digestive issues.