There really is an App for everything! From choosing a name to learning CPR for your dog, there are dozens of Apps available for iPhone and Android users.
Here are five fun and useful pet-related smart phone apps to help make pet parenting easier:
1. Pet Names Over 3000 entries will help you find a name for your new dog, cat, bird, gerbil or even reptile. You never know what will spark your flash of inspiration! Pet Names is available free for iPhone users.
2. Pet Services Finder PetMD offers this app to help you find a groomer, pet sitter, dog walker, dog parks and more for you and your furry friend. This is especially helpful for anybody who is new to the neighborhood or recently adopted a new pet.
3. Pet Snap Finally! There’s an App to end blurry pet photos! How does it perform this miracle? It plays 30 different animal sounds to get Fido’s attention and then snaps several shots in succession. It’ll even put borders around your images so they’ll look extra special on Facebook. Available for the iPhone.
4. Pet Tech Billed as the “first international training center dedicated to CPR, First Aid & Care for dogs and cats,” Pet Tech teaches you what to do in an emergency.
5. Caniner Doggie Diary Saves medication information, walk schedules, favorite toys or treats or anything else you want to save about your four legged friend. This makes it easy to keep track of favorites things and dislikes, as well as remember just when Max last had his heartworm treatment.
BONUS APP (because five just wasn’t enough!) Dog Translator Who hasn’t wondered what their dog was thinking? This App listens to your pet’s bark and “translates” it into English. Good fun and it’s free for the iPhone.
Do you have favorite pet Apps? If so, let us know on our Facebook page!